stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: 22.locale.messages hangs on Linux
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 04:46:13 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

I don't think it's right when what's being merged is someone else's
change without any modifications. It makes it look like the person
who did the merge is also the author of the original change. If you
were adding your own changes to the original commit in the process
(i.e., you were somehow creatively contributing to the original
author's work), I'd agree but not in cases when all we do is copy
the original changes intact. But I could certainly be wrong and
am open to discussion. Do you know of any projects that follow
this policy? (AFAICT, GNU gcc doesn't).

Martin