stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: 22.locale.messages hangs on Linux
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:46:56 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> [...]
>> I wonder if this might be the cause of the problem:
>> [...]
>> (Farid, the ChangeLog has your name on it even though the change
>> itself was mine. Let it be a reminder to you to give blame where
>> blame is due :)
> Are you sure? I specifically remember Farid and I trying to convince you
> that it needed to be a class guard instead of a static guard. The
> conversation is archived at

That's right, this one is your guys' fault! ;-)

I was talking about the other change which I'm to blame for:

Farid was just nice enough to merge it to trunk for me and
in the process replaced my name in the ChangeLog with mine:

> It is likely that is actually the problem. As Farid and I agreed, the
> functions __rw_manage_cat_data, catopen, catclose, catgets need to use the
> same lock. Looks like we need to add a scope to isolate the guard so that
> the lock is released before the _RWSTD_REQUIRES().

Something like that. Btw., the deadlock problem here has been
an issue before -- see (Rogue Wave only):

View raw message