stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <liviu.nico...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Use of /Fd option on Windows
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:44:16 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

The full path was thought to be the problem -- Andrew pinpointed to that
as a source of warnings in our other products. I am not sure if that is
the problem; we have marked these warnings as non-critical and moved
along for now without fully investigating it. Your using of /Fd with a
relative path would surely help.

>> Having a default, absolute
>> path for the pdb is not working for us and for everybody who
>> chooses to move the library directory around.
>
>   I've tried the MSVC 7.1 and MSVC 8 and found that if the .pdb file
> located
> in the directory with corresponding .lib file (even if they are moved
> from the
> original directory) the debug information was found (I haven't got the
> linker
> warnings about inaccessible debug information).

Good to know that. I am sure that this information would help us in
refining our own infrastructure.

Thanks!

Liviu