stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release stdcxx 4.2.0 (candidate 7)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:23:07 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> I reviewed the README again, and I'm seeing a few nits, but I don't
> think they're worth holding the release up for (someone else may disagree).
>
> I feel the first paragraph of section 4.4 has a poorly worded or
> inaccurate description of where the rwtest library lives.

I'm not sure I see what you mean. Can you be more specific?

> I also wonder
> if the test harness needs to be better described, as it's referenced in
> several places, but not talked much about.

It probably should be. At the very least, we should document how
to run the tests. Usually, in other open source projects, it's
done by typing make test or make check. I don't think we support
either (I think we expect make run or some such).

> In section 5, it is claimed that the BUILDDIR argument is required, but
> this actually isn't the case, as the value will default to
> ${TOPDIR}/build .

Correct. Let me fix that.

> In section 5.1, no reference is made to the msvc-9.0
> and msvc-9.0-x64 config options.

Let me add them.

> Section 7 still references the old runall.sh script in the final
> paragraph, which may need to be rewritten.  The paragraph before that
> includes some 'best results' instructions, which also were related to
> the old runall.sh script.

I took it out.

Check out the changes here and let me know if you see anything
else that needs fixing:

> As far as test builds are concerned, I ran a couple tests.  Both builds
> were 11d.  The first was on my local machine (OpenSUSE 10.2 -
> 2.6.18.8-0.5-xenpae, gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux))
> On this host, 27.stringbuf.xsputn.stdcxx-515.cpp test fails to compile.
>  This seems consistent with Redhat 5

Yep, I see it in our build logs. I created a Jira for it:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-614

  (though without the failure to
> compile 22.locale.codecvt.out).

Interesting. I see the same result in our nightly builds on this
platform as everywhere else, so it looks like the error is somehow
specific to the way we build the tests in an automated way.

> Test suite summary is as follows:
>> PROGRAM SUMMARY:
>>   Programs:                187
>>   Non-zero exit status:      0
>>   Signalled:                11
>>   Compiler warnings:         0
>>   Linker warnings:           0
>>   Runtime warnings:         68
>>   Assertions:           11971783
>>   Failed assertions:      5341
>
> The second build was on HPUX 11.23, using HPaCC 3.73.  On this host, the
> 2.smartptr.shared.cpp, 20.auto.ptr.cpp, and
> regress/27.stringbuf.xsputn.stdcxx-515.cpp tests failed to compile,
> consistent with nightly testing.

I filed the following two issues for these:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-615
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-616

Martin