stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release stdcxx 4.2.0 (candidate 7)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:47:07 GMT
I reviewed the README again, and I'm seeing a few nits, but I don't
think they're worth holding the release up for (someone else may disagree).

I feel the first paragraph of section 4.4 has a poorly worded or
inaccurate description of where the rwtest library lives.  I also wonder
if the test harness needs to be better described, as it's referenced in
several places, but not talked much about.

In section 5, it is claimed that the BUILDDIR argument is required, but
this actually isn't the case, as the value will default to
${TOPDIR}/build .  In section 5.1, no reference is made to the msvc-9.0
and msvc-9.0-x64 config options.

Section 7 still references the old runall.sh script in the final
paragraph, which may need to be rewritten.  The paragraph before that
includes some 'best results' instructions, which also were related to
the old runall.sh script.

As far as test builds are concerned, I ran a couple tests.  Both builds
were 11d.  The first was on my local machine (OpenSUSE 10.2 -
2.6.18.8-0.5-xenpae, gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux))
On this host, 27.stringbuf.xsputn.stdcxx-515.cpp test fails to compile.
 This seems consistent with Redhat 5 (though without the failure to
compile 22.locale.codecvt.out).

Test suite summary is as follows:
> PROGRAM SUMMARY:
>   Programs:                187
>   Non-zero exit status:      0
>   Signalled:                11
>   Compiler warnings:         0
>   Linker warnings:           0
>   Runtime warnings:         68
>   Assertions:           11971783
>   Failed assertions:      5341

The second build was on HPUX 11.23, using HPaCC 3.73.  On this host, the
2.smartptr.shared.cpp, 20.auto.ptr.cpp, and
regress/27.stringbuf.xsputn.stdcxx-515.cpp tests failed to compile,
consistent with nightly testing.

Test suite summary is as follows:
> PROGRAM SUMMARY:
>   Programs:                187
>   Non-zero exit status:      1
>   Signalled:                 8
>   Compiler warnings:         0
>   Linker warnings:           0
>   Runtime warnings:        222
>   Assertions:           11528233
>   Failed assertions:      4706

My vote on rc-7 is +1, despite the issues with the README.

--Andrew Black