stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brown <mark.g.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release stdcxx 4.2.0 (candidate 7)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:47:10 GMT
Other than some warnings gcc 4.1.2 on Linux worked fine this time.
I tried Intel 10.0 and found another test that gave a compiler error.
I didn't investigate it in great detail but it looks like a problem
in the test rather than a compiler bug. In any event, I don't see it
as a blocker for the release and change my vote to +1. Hopefully we
can fix it in 4.2.1.

/home/mbrown/stdcxx-4.2.0/tests/regress/26.valarray.transcend.stdcxx-315.cpp(43):
error: implicitly generated assignment operator cannot copy:
             const member "S::self"
   struct S {
          ^
           detected during:
             implicit generation of "S &S::operator=(const S &)" at line
1033 of "/home/mbrown/stdcxx-4.2.0/include/valarray"
             instantiation of "std::valarray<_TypeT> std::abs(const
std::valarray<_TypeT> &) [with _TypeT=S]" at line 78

--Mark