stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Build tag really optional?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:08:32 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> On line 570, the README file in RC6 says the following:
>
> "                  The <build-types>  argument  is optional.  When  not
>                   specified a build type of 11s is assumed."
>
> I tried that but it doesn't appear to build anything.

What does it do? (It would help to see the command you gave and
the output.)

FWIW, I was pleasantly surprised just the other day when I typed
configure with no command line arguments and the script figured
out that I had MSVC 8 installed as my default compiler and set
up a buildspace for it (I think under ./build).

Martin