stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject [VOTE] release stdcxx 4.2.0
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 01:43:54 GMT
I created what I'm hoping will be the final stdcxx 4.2.0 release
candidate, stdcxx-4.2.0-rc-6:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/tags/4.2.0-rc-6/

along with a tarball containing the sources:
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/stdcxx-incubating-4.2.0.tar.gz

The MD5 sum for the tarball is: f65ea507f7d82688d1cf241bce25dc01

Instructions on unpacking the tarball, configuring the library,
and building it along with the set of examples and tests, are
in the README file contained in the tarball. The file can also
be viewed directly in Subversion:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/tags/4.2.0-rc-6/README

The Jira "Release Notes" for 4.2.0 detailing the vast number of
issues resolved in this release can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/ytzonz

stdcxx 4.2.0 has been tested on the set of platforms listed in
the README. The test results for most of the tested platforms
can be be viewed on the following page:
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/
(there are some failures, most of them due to the Rogue Wave test
infrastructure and IT issues; please disregard those).

Please take the tarball for a spin and vote to approve the release
and to request the approval of the Incubator PMC to publish it on
our site.

Everyone is encouraged to vote, including non-committers.

This vote will close in the usual 72 hours.