stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: binary compatibility question
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:41:13 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Farid Zaripov wrote:
>>  Since the patch was stripped, I"m sending it inplace.
>>
>>  ChangeLog:
>>  STDCXX-509
>>  * limits_bits.cpp [_RWSTD_VER_MAJOR < 5 && _MSC_VER && _DLL]:
>>  The _xxxBits constants defined with C++ linkage and exported
>>  as the floating constants with the mangled names for the binary
>>  compatibility with the stdcxx 4.1.x
>>

> Much cleaner that what I've provided, and it works to boot! Thank you
> Farid!

I like it a lot, too. I tested it with MSVC 7.1, it links and works,
with both kinds of symbols (the new and improved extern "C" ones for
new programs as well as the 4.1.3 compatibility set for existing
programs upgrading to 4.2.0) in the library.

Committed thus: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=586193&view=rev

Thanks!
Martin