stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject __rw_once warnings in non-reentrant Windows builds?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:33:05 GMT
In a manual 11d build I just did with MSVC 8.0 I'm seeing warning
C4297: 'function assumed not to throw an exception but does' for
__rw_once(). When I double-click on the warning in the debugger
output window it brings up the definition of __rw_once() that's
guarded by #ifdef _RWSTD_REENTRANT (it points to line 133 in
once.cpp), but the function text is grayed out, presumably because
the block of code is not included. This doesn't seem to make sense.
Why would the compiler give a warning for a function that's not
even compiled? OTOH, if it is being compiled in this build type,
it seems we have a problem (11d is not supposed to be reentrant).
Does any of you Visual Studio gurus have idea what's going on?

Martin