stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Vitek <vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: 22.locale.messages hangs on Linux
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:25:13 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

> [...]
>
> I wonder if this might be the cause of the problem:
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=576787
>
> [...]
>
> (Farid, the ChangeLog has your name on it even though the change
> itself was mine. Let it be a reminder to you to give blame where
> blame is due :)

Are you sure? I specifically remember Farid and I trying to convince you
that it needed to be a class guard instead of a static guard. The
conversation is archived at
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=12680046.

It is likely that is actually the problem. As Farid and I agreed, the
functions __rw_manage_cat_data, catopen, catclose, catgets need to use the
same lock. Looks like we need to add a scope to isolate the guard so that
the lock is released before the _RWSTD_REQUIRES().

Travis