stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Travis Vitek" <tvi...@quovadx.com>
Subject RE: Problems applying patches
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:08:52 GMT

>Martin Sebor wrote:
>
>Travis Vitek wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm attempting to make a final patch to for STDCXX-552, and
>> I'm running into an issue that I hope someone here knows the
>> answer to. The problem is that I cannot apply a patch created
>> with svn diff. I've recreated the series of commands below.
>
>I was able to reproduce this with several different implementations
>of patch (HP-UX, Linux, and Solaris) but I'm not sure I understand
>what's causing it. A patch to add either line 1 alone or line 5
>alone applies (with fuzz of 2, whatever that means), but a patch
>to add both lines fails.

Yes, that is the same behavior that I'm seeing. Thanks!

To confirm that the $Id$ being stripped is the problem, I matched the
$Id$ line in mapfile.gcc with that of the patchfile. The patch applied
cleanly. Same results the other way. As long as the $Id$ line matches
between the two, the patch applies.

Shrug.