stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Travis Vitek" <tvi...@quovadx.com>
Subject RE: Intel C++/Windows XP build failures
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:31:06 GMT

>Farid Zaripov wrote:
>
>> Travis, can you please try to determine the difference
>> between the "good" and the "bad" servers to see if we're
>> missing patches or what else could be causing the failures?
>> If there is a problem with the environment (incorrectly set
>> up compilers, etc.), please let Andrew know so he can start
>> working on getting it corrected.
>
>  I suggest to try re-intergare ICC into VisualStudio by invoking
>
>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\VS
>Integration\C++\VS2005\integrate.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
>Visual Studio 8"
>
>Farid.

I looked at the versions, and everything matched up as expected. As a
test I tried to open the Visual Studio on 'stein'. I got an error
message...

  [Intel(R) Vtune(TM) Performance Analyzer]------[X]
  | One or more components did not load correctly. |
  | You may need to reinstall the product.         |

I do not get this error message on the machines that are known to work
work [box, mug]. I went ahead and ran the integration script as
suggested by Farid above, and after running it I had no problems running
Visual Studio. I'm pretty sure that this is going to fix the problems.

Travis