stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel C++ build failures on Windows Vista
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:54:18 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I'm afraid the Intel C++ 10.0 build errors we thought we had
>> successfully dealt with last week are back, this time on Vista:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/
>>
>> I can't think of anything that has changed in the stdcxx build
>> scripts recently that could be causing this. Farid, can you?
>>
>> Andrew, do you have any idea if something might have changed
>> on skylight in the last days that could be responsible for
>> these failures? Any patches or any other software getting
>> installed by IT or anyone else?
>
> What changed was that I started testing with ICC on vista, where we
> hadn't been before.  Also started at the same time was 32 bit MSVC
> builds on 64-bit windows XP and windows 2003, along with ECCP on redhat
> 5, suse 9.1 and suse 10.

I thought we were testing on Vista last week, but I could very
well be misremembering. I trust you when you say we weren't.

So the Vista machine probably suffers from the same problem as
the XP boxes last week. Reinstalling Intel C++ fixed the issue
there so it looks like we need to see about getting IT to
reinstall the compiler on this box as well.

Martin