stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r577000 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk: include/loc/_messages.h src/messages.cpp
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:59:12 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

I would like them to be, but they are referenced from the member
functions of the template defined in _messages.cc. When explicit
instantiation isn't enabled, they would not be found, would they?

We could solve it by explicitly specializing the virtual members
on char and wchar_t instead of explicitly instantiating them. I
think that would be good approach in general, one that we might
want to consider for all the facets in the future (it's too late
for it now).

Martin