stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: design of regression tests
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:20:23 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

[...]
>> The formatting code is also slightly buggy
>> because it doesn't account for integer promotion and sign extension.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you give an example of how this
> would be a problem?

This was a thinko on my part. We're not concerned about the formatting
of arbitrary character values (e.g., '\x80' and unexpectedly getting
back -128 instead of 128 when char is a signed type) but just the two
values, CHAR_MAX and CHAR_MIN, and we do expect to see the negative
value when CHAR_MIN is negative. Sorry about that!

Martin