stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: etc/config/src/FPOS_T.cpp
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:33:59 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:
> Why does this config test check for C++ namespaces and define the std
> namespace?  Do some systems defined the fpos_t type only within the std
> namespace even though <stdio.h> is supposed to define this type at
> global scope?

It's probably a vestige of some workaround or a solution to a problem
that's since been dealt with differently. You might be able to get
more info from the Rogue Wave Perforce logs.

I think can safely removed. Even better, the test should be moved to
the libc_decl.sh script (which might need to enhanced to check for
types in addition to functions in the libc headers).

If you'd like to see this happen please open an issue in Jira to
help us remember to do revisit it when we're done with with the
release.

Martin