stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Windows build failures
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:08:54 GMT
Greetings all.

As I mentioned earlier, I reloaded the nightly testing archives earlier
to recover from a failed glue script update.  Most builds have re-run at
this point, so I'm going to try to annotate the list based on what I'm
seeing in the nightly testing system at the moment.  These results (or
updated versions) will be exported tomorrow, though I'm going on
vacation for a couple days, so I'm trying to send this out before I go.

Martin Sebor wrote:
> We continue to be having serious problems in our latest results
> due to what looks like infrastructure or setup issues (we had no
> updates over the weekend due to a ssh permission issue I ran
> into last Friday). I isolated the problematic results into the
> attached page to make it easier to focus on them. Below is
> a digest summarizing the problems from the logs.
>
> Andrew, Farid: have you made any progress on these?
>
> win_2000-4-x86
>   All builds still in DATA state. This includes MSVC 7.1 and Intel
>   C++ 9.1 and 10.0.

See STDCXX-543.  The state of these builds has improved, as the Intel
builds are now only lacking the test suite results, rather than all
results as had been the case before (due to compiler sanity check failures)

> win_*-em64t, msvc-8.0, 12D-win32
>   All locale tests fail with exit status of 4. This includes all
>   versions of Windows, including 2003, XP, and Vista.

This appears to have been resolved.  We are still seeing several locale
tests terminate with an exit status of 4, but these failures appear to
be consistent with other build types.

> win_xp-1-em64t, icl-10.0, {12D,15S}-win32
> win_xp-2-x86, icl-9.1
>   Library fails to build with "Cannot access data for the desired
>   file since it is in a zombie state."

Resolved on XP em64t, not resolved for XP x86.  I'm not certain if it's
a case of http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=575000&view=rev not being
included in the archive, or if there is a subtle issue in the changes
for icl-9.1.

> win_xp-2-x86, msvc-8.0, 12d-win32
>   Build fails at:
>
>   checking system
> architectured:\bman5\builds\34027456\source-buildspace\etc\config\windows\configure.wsf(342,
> 10) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Permission denied
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
> Custom Build Step"

Resolved.

--Andrew Black