stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: renaming branches/4.2.0 to branches/4.2
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:31 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Just a heads up: I plan to make this change today. If anyone has
>> any concerns, please speak up now.
>
> The trouble of course is that you break local checkouts unless those
> folks use 'svn switch' to flip the repository location.
>
> One alternative is to leave 4.2.0 in place for now, and fix this at
> the time you move the entire svn from it's incubation location over
> to a TLP (top level project) subversion location, which breaks everyone
> anyways.

Hmm. I admit I hadn't thought of the local checkout problem. Your
suggestion sounds most sensible. The only concern I have is that
we may not graduate before the release. (I guess I'd better hurry
up with the proposal!) Maybe we could do both: leave 4.2.0 in
place for now and also create 4.2 (or 4.2.x like APR would). Then,
during the transition, we would drop 4.2.0. Does that seem like
a good plan?

Martin