stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: want to replace rogue wave stl with apache stl
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:22:26 GMT
Alok Shrivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for adding my name in the list.
>
> I have one question-I have some c++ code which uses rogue wave STL,I want to
> replace the rogue wave stl with apache stl,can it be possible ?Please help
> me in this regards.

That depends on what you mean by "replace" and how old the Rogue
Wave library is. If by replace you mean recompiling your program
with the Apache C++ Standard Library, it should be trivial to do
as long as your program doesn't rely on implementation-defined
extensions that were removed from the Rogue Wave implementation
(I can't think of any we've removed between 3.x and 4.x). If
you're looking for a drop-in replacement (i.e., just replacing
the library binary without recompiling and relinking your
programs), that should be possible within the same major
version of the library.

Martin