stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r565959 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/src/EXTERN_C_EXCEPTIONS.cpp
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:10:26 GMT

  I've just tried to declare and define __rw_once with throw(...)
exception
specification and compiler doesn't issues warning in that case.

> Btw., from the MSVC Exception Handling Model:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1deeycx5(VS.80).aspx
> it looks like by default the compiler generates code that
> makes catch blocks catch structured exceptions (in addition
> the C++ kind). That's generally considered bad practice, but
> it may be relied on by user code for historical reasons. We
> need to be careful not to impose requirements on our users
> that would go against this historical practice (doing so
> could break working code).

  It was by default only in MSVC versions prior 7.0 (because
the only asynhronous exceptions handling model was implemented.
Since MSVC 7.0 they added synhronous exceptions handling
model and this model is used by default.

Farid.