stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Micro integration from trunk to branches/4.2.0
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:58:42 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Looking at JIRA, it appears the files that will need to be branched for
> these changes are
>
> /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/GNUmakefile
> /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/GNUmakefile.cfg
> /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/makefile.rules
> /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/sunpro.config

Looks about right.

> In addition, we'll need to resolve a breakage that occurred as a result
> of the micro-integration.  The following is a failure taken from nightly
> testing of the 4.2.0 branch (gcc 3.2.3 12S on redhat 3u8):
>> gcc -c -I$(TOPDIR)/include/ansi   -pthread -I$(TOPDIR)/include -I$(BUILDDIR)/include
 -pedantic -nostdinc++ -O2  -W -Wall -Wcast-qual -Winline -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
-Wcast-align  -fPIC  $(TOPDIR)/src/collate.cpp
>> In file included from $(TOPDIR)/src/collate.cpp:43:
>> $(TOPDIR)/include/limits:534: `
>>    _RWSTD_WCHAR_T_MIN' was not declared in this scope

Yikes! Yeah, this one isn't going to be trivial since it touches
a whole bunch of files. I suggest you revert/change LIMITS.cpp
to write out _RWSTD_WCHAR_MIN instead.

> I should have run a basic sanity check run before checking in the
> integration, but I didn't.

You mean you didn't even try to build the library before
committing this on a pre-release branch??? (Good thing we
have tags, but still...)

Martin