stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Exec utility test group reporting
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:48:26 GMT
Greetings all.

Attached is a patch that aims to add some logic to the exec utility to
report the type of executable being processed.  Part of the purpose of
this change is to assist in making the result parsing more robust.

I am not particularly satisfied with this change for a couple reasons.
One is because the doxygen comments are getting out of date, and need to
be gone over.  The second is the way data is passed from cmdopt.cpp to
display.cpp.  The current method used is to overload the target_opts
struct to include the new parameter, but this feels like the wrong way
to do things.  This method was chosen because the verbose flag is
currently included there, but the exec subsystem shouldn't care about
either of these things.  (The verbose output mode also feels like it was
hacked on, but that's irrelevant to this topic.)

Does anyone have thoughts on this patch?  I should note that some
changes to the windows infrastructure will be needed to keep the
behavior in sync with the unix infrastructure.

--Andrew Black