stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r565959 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config/src/EXTERN_C_EXCEPTIONS.cpp
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:17:58 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

>> Martin Sebor wrote:
>>> Maybe when the documentation is referring to C functions it means
>>> functions that are compiled as C source [x.c instead of
>>> x.cpp] and not functions with C linkage?
>> Who knows... Have you tried it?
>
> I have now. The compiler chokes on 'throw' when compiling C sources as
> it should.

Makes sense.

So I wonder what the heck the purpose of throw(...) is supposed
to be given that every C++ function is always (regardless of any
compiler switches) implicitly declared with it and if it's not
allowed on C functions (clearly it *is* allowed if the compiler
accepts it, so what gives?)

Martin