stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: many builds in DATA status
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:53:40 GMT
Greetings Martin

I observed the Windows issues earlier today when I glanced at the
results, but I didn't spot the Solaris failures when I was making that
pass.  The reason for the GCC builds on windows are processed correctly
is because they use the UNIX infrastructure, rather than the Windows
infrastructure.

The cause of the failure on Solaris appears to be a lack of
functionality in the /usr/bin/awk, specifically the lack of a toupper()
builtin.  Our options on this platform appear to be a choice between
using /usr/bin/nawk (aka /usr/xpg4/bin/awk), and rewriting the parser to
 avoid the use of the toupper() (and tolower()) builtins.  A third
option I see (altering the exec utility) I'll go into more detail
elsewhere (specifically in the bulletproofing thread).

I'm less certain about the cause of the failure on windows, but I
suspect it to be basically the same as the cause of failure on Solaris -
that of the start/stop parsing tags not being picked up.

--Andrew Black