stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: atomic tests timing out on Windows
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:33:25 GMT
Here are a couple of articles from the Intel Knowledge Base that don't
appear to come with a restrictive license or even a copyright. The code
is Windows-specific but it should be possible to translate it to
something understandable to gcc and other compilers (Sun C++ on x86).

How to Determine Whether a Processor Supports Hyper-Threading Technology:
http://www3.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/dc/threading/knowledgebase/43843.htm

How to Determine the Number of Logical Processors per Physical
Processor:
http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/dc/threading/knowledgebase/43842.htm

Martin