stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: atomic tests timing out on Windows
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:33:25 GMT
Here are a couple of articles from the Intel Knowledge Base that don't
appear to come with a restrictive license or even a copyright. The code
is Windows-specific but it should be possible to translate it to
something understandable to gcc and other compilers (Sun C++ on x86).

How to Determine Whether a Processor Supports Hyper-Threading Technology:

How to Determine the Number of Logical Processors per Physical

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]
>>> If my analysis is correct, we should avoid scheduling the threads on
>>> multiple logical CPUs on HT systems with a single physical CPU.
>>> Do you agree?
>>   I agree. Now we need to know how to determine if the CPU has
>> more than 1 logical CPU.
> It's pretty easy to figure out on modern Linux kernels from
> /proc/cpuinfo. I don't know about older kernels or Windows.
>> And I think it is possible to make
>> machine with 2 HT-supporting CPU on board?
>> Here (
>> I found the program with sources, that will help us.
> Good stuff! We can read it but we can't copy any of the code
> from the sample program because of the Intel license.
> Martin

View raw message