stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Usage of -AA vs -Aa with acc
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:18:17 GMT
Sorry I've let this go so long. I've been hoping to do some
research into the issue but so far I haven't found the time.
IIRC, the decision to use -Aa was made in order to more easily
implement conforming C++ libc headers (i.e., the <cstdio> kind).
There is some problematic interaction between -AA and the +nostl
option we use to remove the native C++ standard library include
directory (include_std/) from the preprocessor search path. There
may have been other reasons that I don't recall. I think it would
make sense to use -AA and the compiler's own C++ libc headers
provided they conform, but switching will require some effort.
Can you please create an issue for this project?

Thanks
Martin