stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel C++ build issues on Windows
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 04:43:51 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]
>>> exception;
>>> 2) CRT asserts ;
>>> 3) Parameter validattion handler popup's.
>>>
>>>   The 1) prevented in exec utility (SetErrorMode()). The 2) and 3)
>>> might be prevented by installing report hook and invalid parameter
>>> handler:
>>>

>> http://www.mail-archive.com/stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03761.h
>>> tm
>> Gotcha! I see I still owe you a response to your feedback in
>> that thread. The solution in 2) and 3) will only take care of
>> these popups in tests and not in examples or config tests (or
>> locales?)
>
>   Yes.
>
>> We'll also need a solution for those executables
>> (but we can worry about that once we're done enhancing the
>> test driver).
>
>    We can install the similar handlers in each example, but I don't see
> any 2) of 3) popups in examples at the moment.

But that could change. I'd like to come up with a reliable mechanism
that would let us prevent these popups in both tests and examples,
just in case. Perhaps a good place for it would be the <examples.h>
header, although preferably without relying on the coupling between
the header and the example sources:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-425

Martin