stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: status of thread safety tests
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:17:12 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:
> Could you add a brief note on how the tests were built and executed?
> Specifically, were they built and executed with gcc using binary
> instrumentation or with icc using dynamic instrumentation?

Good suggestion! I used icc with the -tcheck option to compile
and link the tests and ran the executables through the tcheck_cl
driver (silly name, btw.) I would expect the results to be the
same when I use gcc. I've tried using it but didn't actually
compare the results. It might be an interesting project. Let
me put the info on the page the next time I update it.

Martin