stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX progress to graduation
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:58:01 GMT
On 6/25/07, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:
> > Had you happened to run RAT through the sources yet?
>
> No. I'm pretty comfortable with the review I just did but if you
> think it would be useful to run the tool we can look into it. Is
> there an easy way to run it? All I could find in the way of info
> on this RAT was this site:
>    http://mojo.codehaus.org/rat-maven-plugin/index.html
>
> It looks like it requires Mave. We have no experience with Maven
> so I'm a little intimidated by what setting it all up might involve.
> If the goal is to check that every file has the appropriate license
> header at the top I suspect we can do that more quickly using grep
> or sed (which is what I did by hand).

RAT's homepage is: http://code.google.com/p/arat/

It doesn't require Maven - folks on the general@ list can help
handhold its usage.  But, sed/grep is just fine too.  Though, do
expect Robert or some other RAT devs to run releases through there
next time we conduct a release - if we're still here in the Incubator.
 -- justin