stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX progress to graduation
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:55:54 GMT
> What effect do you believe GPLv3 will have, now that the FSF is acknowledging that GPL
projects may freely take advantage of Apache Licensed code?

If any, it might spur some people who would have considered libstdc++
to now look at what we have to offer.

> > things are as quiet as expected for a mature implementation of
> > a reference standard.
>
> Any concern that because of the maturity, it could stagnate and lose community?

I think the community, as-is, can manage itself for now.  If it proves
incapable of managing itself later, then we deal with it - that said,
I'm not overly concerned.  Admittedly, it's not likely to go
gangbusters (c.f. Harmony) - but I believe stdcxx is a nice, small,
healthy little community doing what the committers are interested in -
producing a world-class STL implementation under the ALv2 with our
community principles behind it.  -- justin