stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Question on Static builds
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:51:33 GMT
Jeremy Dean wrote:
> I have a question on static builds on AIX using Standard Library from
> SourcePro edition 9.  This build does not make a static library, but
> rather a shared archive.  This creates a dependency on any executable
> that is linked with this library, which is what we are trying to avoid
> when trying to build static libraries.  Here is a copy of the final
> creation of the library:

[...]
> Is this supposed to be intentional or is this a bug with the SourcePro
> release.

It's a bug in the stdcxx build infrastructure. You filed it last
September: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-286

The bug is fixed on trunk. The fix is specific to the stdcxx build
infrastructure and won't help you with the SourcePro release of 4.1.3
or prior. You'll need to change one or more of the RCB .ccd files to
fix it there (I don't know which ones or how to change them).

Martin