stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject [VOTE RESULT] commit-then-review vs review-then-commit policy
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 15:23:23 GMT
It's been well over 72 hours so it's time to tally up the vote:
everyone prefers to go option #1 (below). I will go ahead and
update the stdcxx web page accordingly.

> [ ]  All committers follow Commit-Then-Review for safe changes,
>      Review-Then-Commit for potentially breaking changes. What
>      constitutes a breakng change is a judgment call to be made
>      by each committer. The rule of thumb is that changes which
>      involve advanced/sophisticated C++ features, C99 features,
>      or optional POSIX (and other) extensions may cause breakage
>      on some platforms.

The vote detail is as follows:

6 votes strongly in favor of option #1 (above) and 0 against:

   Andrew Black
   Anton Pevtsov
   Farid Zaripov
   Liviu Nicoara
   Martin Sebor
   Bill Rowe

0 votes in favor of option #2 (see the [VOTE] thread), 1 neutral,
and 4 against. 1 and 1/2 vote in favor of option #3, 1 neutral,
one against.

Thanks
Martin