stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel Thread Checker Support
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 20:46:29 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Eric Lemings wrote:
[...]
>> 2. Should ITC support be added to STDCXX?
>
> There is one issue here which needs paying attention to. Is it desirable
> to have stdcxx integrated with the rest of SourcePro (which already
> supports ITC)? I think the answer is yes -- please correct me if I am
> wrong.

Or with any other product that wants to use the ITC. This sounds
like a pretty convincing argument to me, assuming the ITC is a
useful tool, of course.

> ITC support is not going to altering stdcxx code. We will merely make
> ITC aware of the synchronization constructs in stdcxx so that it will
> take them into account. This involves a few guards around a [very] few
> selected places in stdcxx.

If we put it in we'll need to test it to make sure it works right
and that it doesn't get broken in the process of making changes
so we should also enhance the test harness as well.

Martin