stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: unprintable characters in Windows build logs
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 17:02:31 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

I see. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble unless we already do
some other preprocessing on these or other files. What do you
think?

> That characters is coming during cleanup step. Windows build scripts doesn't contain
> such step. I suppose that night build system invokes cleanup step after invoking the
> build_msvc-x.x.bat batch file. This batch file invokes build.wsf script and then makelog.wsf
> script. I can add "/clean" switсh to the build.wsf script and add invoking "build.wsf
/clean"
> аfter invoking makelog.wsf within build_msvc-x.x.bat batch file.

I suppose the nightly build script that invokes the Windows
infrastructure could do this type of postprocessing for us
since it already does do some processing (I think it does).
Andrew, what are your thoughts?

FWIW, I don't think this particular issue is a major or even
moderately serious problem, but it seems like eliminating control
characters would make the infrastructure more robust in general.

Martin