stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: unprintable characters in Windows build logs
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 16:02:36 GMT
Hi Farid,

The question mark symbol that shows up in the browser is U+FFFD,
the Unicode Replacement Character. The actual character in the
log is the NUL ('\0'). I searched the Windows scripts for where
we might be inserting NULs but couldn't find anything. Do you
happen to have any idea where it might be coming from? Could
the IDE be inserting it?

Thanks
Martin