stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: Build failure with ICC on windows
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:37:48 GMT

  As I see in the run log, the .configure project was built
successfully,
so config.h and config.log should be existing.

> One element of concern to me is a line during the solution
> generation step:
> > Converting solution to ICC.
> > Conversion finished with code 2
> Would it be possible to echo the output from running the
> conversion process (~line 176 of generate.wsf), so that it
> can be captured in the log file?
  It's normal, because the intel conversion utility can't convert
the projects of the 'utility' type (.configure and other which name
is starting from '.'). Therefore the conversion utility returns 2 to
report that not all projects was converted.

> The second point of concern is just after the conversion step.
> > -------
> >   Build log was saved at
> "file://D:\bman5\builds\33400248\source-buildspace\build\icc-9
> .1\15s\include\BuildLog.htm"
> > .configure - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> >

> > Compiling stdlib library...
> >
> > Compiling examples...
> >
> > Compiling rwtest library...
> >
> > Compiling tests...
> >
> > Compiling utils...
> >
> > Running examples...
> >

> With MSVC on the same platform, I see the output from the
> compile process after the line reading 'Compiling stdlib library...'
>
> Any thoughts?
  I've found the problem and I suppose that this patch should help:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=525939

Farid.