stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject ACC 3.76 test builds
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:25:39 GMT
Greetings all.

The nightly testing system is somewhat backed up with pending builds for
other (RogueWave) products at the moments.  The platforms with the
greatest backlog are HPUX 11i and 11iv2, with Solaris and Windows having
somewhat shorter backlogs.

One compiler we have been attempting to test on HPUX is the aCC 3.76
(beta) compiler.  This testing has been hampered by a couple problems.
One problem was an abundance of warning messages, leading to the console
log being larger than size allowed by the nightly testing system.  This
has been partly solved by suppressing some of the most obnoxious
messages.  The second problem is a recently diagnosed flaw in the
nightly testing system which cleans out failed builds much sooner than
it should have.  An update to the nightly testing system is expected to
be deployed in the near future, and hopefully will resolve this issue.

Moving beyond these couple issues related to the nightly testing system,
I have observed a couple areas of failures in a manual (11d) build.  One
failure is the localedef utility entering what appears to be an infinite
loop in the constructor of a Charmap object.  This is reminiscent of a
similar problem observed on windows, though I haven't stepped through at
the level necessary to confirm this observation.  This condition also
leads to the exec utility killing the locale tests after the build
window expires.  However, the cumulative duration of these build windows
is greater than the build window allowed by the nightly testing system
for any particular run, leading to the build being killed by the nightly
testing system prior to completion, which is logged as a failure.

Also observed in manual testing is the troubling situation of many
examples terminating with a SIGBUS condition.  Examples which didn't
terminate in this condition generally produced different output from the
expected or segfaults.

With a little luck, the nightly testing system will produce builds with
this compiler in the next day or two, so that they can be included in
the nightly testing page.

--Andrew Black