stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a couple of minor problems in gcc builds
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:45:47 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> The first artifact is in the build_stdcxx script.  It's the conditional
> that's being used to determine if we're building with cygwin or not.  I
> need to do some more work in this area anyways, so that we can get
> cygwin builds working.

Okay.

As for options and standard utilities, it's good to assume no more than
UNIX95 unless you know you're on a more capable system (such as UNIX98
AKA SUSV2, or SUSV3). You can use the getconf command to portably
determine which version of POSIX a system implements (via getconf
_POSIX_VERSION).

You may find these links helpful:
   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/uname.html
   http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/uname.html