stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject a couple of minor problems in gcc builds
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:01:44 GMT
There are a couple of minor issues in our gcc builds (both Linux and
Solaris). AFAICT, neither of them appears to be causing any build
failures but they seem more than cosmetic.

First, we appear to be using the wrong option(s) in the build_stdcxx
script:

-- Setting up Solaris GNU binutils 2.17 --uname: illegal option -- o
usage:	uname [-snrvmapiX]
	uname [-S system_name]
./build_stdcxx: line 22: ((: Cygwin == : syntax error: operand expected
(error token is " ")

Second, we get the error below from the first invocation of make:

### gmake builddir BUILDMODE=pthreads,shared,optimized, CONFIG=gcc.config
/bin/sh: cho: command not found
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/longsize': Operation not permitted

I suspect the second problem is fallout from my change 523520 (see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=523520) and I plan
to work on fixing it.

I'm not sure what's behind the first one. Andrew, can you take a look
at it when you have a chance?

Martin