stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: strange characters in test output on gnome-terminal
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:09:18 GMT
What version of Gnome terminal are you using? I couldn't reproduce
this behavior with Gnome gnome-terminal 2.2.2 (running on Linux).
I get monochromatic output with no garbage in it suggesting that
the terminal isn't capable of recognizing the VT100 escape
sequences (the test driver should be able to detect it and avoid
using the sequences).

Martin

Scott Zhong wrote:
> I am seeing these characters using gnome on opensuse.
>
> Yu (Scott) Zhong

when I run stdcxx tests. It seems as though the terminal doesn't interpret the color commands
correctly. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there a way to get the correct output
with this type of terminal, either with colors working or plain?