stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: legacy tests on Windows
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:12:57 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings Martin.
>
> I think it's likely that we will need to make some changes to the
> windows infrastructure.
>
> The cause of the missing legacy tests is twofold.  First, the legacy
> test executables appear to fail to compile in dynamic builds because the
> legacy test driver symbols aren't resolved.  This seems to point to a
> failure to export them correctly.

Ah. That's something we need to look into here as the legacy
part of the driver isn't in Subversion

> Second, the runall.wsf script doesn't
> pass the names of non-existent executables to the exec script.
> Therefore, you don't see any targets in the COMPILE or LINK states when
> the exec utility runs.

IMO, this needs to change. The table must show the status
of all the tests, not just those that compiled and linked
successfully.

Unless you see a quick change that your or I could easily
make ourselves I'll ask Farid to do it since he is the
expert on the Windows scripts.

> Looking at the runall.wsf and generated .stdcxx_runtests solution, I
> believe that the cause of the format messages likely is coming from a
> failure to pass the compatibility mode options to the test suite. Farid,
> the additional switches that need to be passed to the exec utility when
> running the tests are '--compat -x "--compat -O -"' (minus the single
> quotes).  Hopefully the shell will handle the quote processing correctly.

That was suspicion as well. Again, unless you see a quick
fix let's wait for Farid to fix it.

Martin