stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: legacy tests on Windows
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:48:51 GMT
Greetings Martin.

I think it's likely that we will need to make some changes to the
windows infrastructure.

The cause of the missing legacy tests is twofold.  First, the legacy
test executables appear to fail to compile in dynamic builds because the
legacy test driver symbols aren't resolved.  This seems to point to a
failure to export them correctly.  Second, the runall.wsf script doesn't
pass the names of non-existent executables to the exec script.
Therefore, you don't see any targets in the COMPILE or LINK states when
the exec utility runs.

Looking at the runall.wsf and generated .stdcxx_runtests solution, I
believe that the cause of the format messages likely is coming from a
failure to pass the compatibility mode options to the test suite.
Farid, the additional switches that need to be passed to the exec
utility when running the tests are '--compat -x "--compat -O -"' (minus
the single quotes).  Hopefully the shell will handle the quote
processing correctly.

--Andrew Black