stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject incorrect pass rate for 23.deque.iterators on Windows
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:28:35 GMT
While looking at our Windows nightly test results I spotted
what I suspect to be a case of some bad math in the exec
utility when calculating percentages. The 23.deque.iterators
test is reported as failing 0 out of a total of 77,810,809
assertions and its pass rate as being 44%. This happens with
both MSVC 7.1 and 8.0. The pass rate is clearly wrong but I
suspect the 77 million assertions isn't really correct either
(on UNIX we consistently get 4,915,404).

23.deque.iterators.exe   0   0   77810809   0   44%   3.203

I'm guessing it's one of two things: either we have a Windows
specific bug in our code in exec, or there is a bug in both
versions of MSVC that causes this.

Andrew or Farid, do you guys have any insight?

Martin