stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: regression test suite naming convention
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:49:00 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

Good point! Yes, the regression tests do not need the rwtest
driver and probably shouldn't even link with it. Storing all
the tests in the same directory would make implementing this
change in the makefiles easier.

This also raises the question of how the regression tests
should be run. The exec utility expects tests to produce
output in a certain format. Tests that don't are normally
reported with the FORMAT status. The utility (and probably
also the makefile infrastructure) would need to change to
accommodate tests with this type of output.

Martin