stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Boost + stdcxx (status)
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:23:18 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> Hi All.
>
>   I have been working on adding support of the stdcxx library to the
> boost build system.
> I have created the .jam files to build boost library with stdcxx using
> MSVC 7.1 and 8.0.
> There are some errors during build process.
>
>   The mostly error is: error C2039: 'mbstate_t' : is not a member of
> 'std'. And the same error,
> but with ptrdiff_t instead of mbstate_t.
>
>   I will check where the problem is.

I suspect the problem is with Boost code making the common
but incorrect assumption about which headers the C types
are defined in. They are only required to be defined in
the following headers:

   mbstate_t: <cwchar>
   ptrdiff_t: <cstddef>

(in addition to their traditional .c counterparts). While
most other implementations #include many of these headers
in most others, stdcxx conforms strictly to these
requirements in order not to pollute the user namespace
with additional symbols.

Martin