stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: RFC: stdcxx 4.2 platforms
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:34:26 GMT
Mark Brown wrote:
> [...]
of some popular C++ software with stdcxx (like boost) and post the results.

I agree that building Boost (and perhaps other popular packages
as well) would be a useful enhancement to the stdcxx test suite.
The problem is first of all porting Boost to stdcxx (i.e.,
getting the infrastructure to work), and then also the cycles
involved in running the Boost test suite and analyzing the test
results. I suppose if someone were to volunteer to do the first
pass (i.e., get the Boost infrastructure ported and help analyze
the first set of results) we could then add it to our automated
test infrastructure and run it perhaps not every night but maybe
weekly or monthly and handle the maintenance of the project.

Martin