stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Testing setup changes
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:48:51 GMT
Greetings all.

Earlier today I checked a change into our internal version control
system that will alter how we do our nightly testing of stdcxx.  This
change alters the the sources used in the testing to include our
internal (legacy) tests and test driver.  As a result, a couple things
will be noticed.

First, you will see something around 100 additional tests.  These are
tests that still need to be ported from the internal testing framework
to the rwtest driver.  These tests can be distinguished from the test
suite tests by the names used.  The legacy tests are either named in the
form N_whatver, or lack a numeric test group identifier.

Second, until some macromagic can be fixed, the rwtest library on
windows will fail to build, due to issues in the legacy test framwork,
which is compiled into the rwtest library.  There are a couple ways
these issues can be resolved, and we will try to resolve them as soon as
we can.  This build failure will only be observed in nightly testing, as
the failing source files are part of the legacy test framework, and
aren't included in subversion.

--Andrew Black