stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: xlC link errors caused by commas in BUILDDIR
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:36:50 GMT
Greetings Martin.

For what it's worth, this isn't a problem restricted to XLC++.  My
reading of the .config files indicates that the only compilers that
won't be affected are the osf_cxx, Sunpro, reliant_cds, como and eccp
compilers.  The first two compilers don't use a comma in the rpath
option, and the remainder don't have an rpath switch defined.

It might be possible to alter the makefiles to mangle the path, escaping
the comma, but I suspect that could cause other problems.  I would
hazard a guess that spaces in the value of $BUILDDIR might also cause a
number of problems.

--Andrew Black