stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: --compat mode behavior issues
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:47:28 GMT
One probable reason is that some legacy tests (like 27_iosfile) produce
multiple assertion totals (or are supposed to), and we want the last of
these, rather than the first.  A second possible reason was to make the
parsing FSM slightly simpler (though adding an additional character or
two to the pattern shouldn't make it much more complex).  A final
possible reason was to make the parsing faster for long output files.

--Andrew Black

[...]